My name is Brandon Johnson. I was married for 16 years. Life was good as we raised 2 of our own sons and 2 step-children.
I was a Marketing Director rising to executive status, coached little league sports for my kids, and although we had our fair share of life’s ups and downs, we were able to take good vacations and live in what I thought was a dream neighborhood.
Then, my life got turned upside-down.
Our arguments increased beyond control, counseling attempts failed, and then my ex-wife hit me with the notion of divorce. She pulled into the driveway with a Uhaul truck one day with all of her friends, packed up, and left our home empty.
I was at an all time low. I didn’t know where to even start. I was embarrassed, angry, depressed and drained…
I lost the house, but it didn’t matter since I could not stomach the fact of coming home to its physical and mental loneliness.
Then my company downsized and I lost my job I had been at for 8 years. My credit crashed. My bank account depleted. I avoided living in my truck by finding another place to live in a Housing Authority rent-subsidized house. Although things were bad, the manager had mercy on me and helped me get into it.
I became a social hermit and felt like the world didn’t care. Most of our mutual friends became distant and life seemed to go on. I lost my appetite, frequented bars and strip clubs, and was a complete disaster.
I was at an all time low. I was in trouble. Life was the toughest it had ever been.
I told everyone that I’d NEVER love or be loved again. I informed new women that I met that I was NEVER EVER getting married again. Ever.
Something had to change.
Then, one day, after months of anxiety and shock in the process, I decided to transform my life.
- I got a therapist and worked through my problems one step at a time.
- I learned that I’d do whatever it took to financially, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally prosper again.
- I learned that I never wanted to be left again and would do my best to find someone who could love me unconditionally.
- I learned that I was deserving of the ability to live my best life.
- I learned that I had to be kind to myself and that I had neglected giving self-love for all too long while taking care of the needs of others.
- I learned that it was OK to say no sometimes instead of spreading myself too thin.
- I’ve learned to communicate better.
- I’ve learned to look for the lesson in life’s challenges.
Then, I made some decisions.
- I decided to love me. And that it was ok to love myself.
- I decided that wanted to smile again and to create smiles.
- I decided that I wanted to make the best of my life and work to comfortably provide for my family while earning money in ways that I feel empowered to make the rules.
- I decided that I wanted to be a part of my children’s life from as close and for as much time as I could in my circumstances.
- I decided that I would put the right work in to renew my mind body and spirit in order to be ready for my next wife.
I decided that I want to be personable, fun, reliable, loving, and I want to make a difference ….
Today, I’ve got a great relationship with my fiance and my children. I’ve been blessed to maintain a great new job, have multiple successful businesses, and have a bold courage to help other men make it through a tough divorce process and transform their lives afterwards.
Today, I say, if I could do it, you can too. I stand at your service.